Marketing York County People Recruitment
York County, Good Life, Great Home
People move to York County and people leave – what are the reasons? Is it just about the job opportunities or are there other considerations? Are there things York County can do to help recruit new residents? Once people have moved to York County, what might encourage new residents to stay?
These questions and others will be addressed in a community-wide effort, Marketing Hometown America, beginning in January 2017. Residents will have opportunities to participate through small group meetings or the community forums. York County Economic Development Corporation and York College are sponsoring the program.
To succeed in the process, we need small group facilitators. The facilitators are integral to the success. Training is scheduled on Monday, November 28th from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm at York College. Individuals interested in being a small group discussion leader should contact York County Development Corporation, (402) 362-3333.
- Facilitator training will be 11/28/16 4:00PM - 6:30PM. York College will host this and provide hors d'oeuvres to attendees.
- Additional Facilitator training 1/5/17, 5:30 with practice available at 6:30.
- Community Kick off will be January 10th, 5:15 at Holthus Convention Center, Room I
- Facilitators will then have 5 weeks to do the 4, 2-hour meetings
- February 15, 2017, 5:15 MAH Facilitator Wrap-up at York College
- February 27, 2017, 5:15 Community Action Meeting at Holthus Convention Center, Room I
- Starting June 6th, the project will start moving forward again, as two interns come on that will help finish up the strategic plan.
For more information, call YCDC offices at 402-362-3333 or email email@example.com