Indoor work – not exposed to outdoor elements or hazards
Ability to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
Some sedentary work lifting and/carrying up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply, click here: Teller (Full-Time) - York - Union Bank and Trust Company - Career Page (applytojob.com)
A full listing of open positions can be found at: https://www.ubt.com/careers
Employee Referral Program: The Bank provides a referral bonus of $400. This is paid to all current associates who refer applicants that are hired and complete three(3) months of employment. For the bonus to be paid, the applicant must indicate on the application, the name of the referring associate or the referring associate may email #Recruiting. The referral bonus will be paid through payroll once the new associate completes three (3) months of employment.
Social Media Promotion:
In an effort to promote our current job openings on social media, we want to highlight the diverse career opportunities available at UBT, and the offbeat paths many of us took to get to our current roles at the bank. If you’re somebody that never imagined that you would work for a bank, or you have an unorthodox background, we’d like to hear from you. Please contact Brendon (Brendon.Henning@ubt.com) and let him know your story.
In addition, we’re working to grow UBT’s following on Instagram. Please follow our page (@unionbankandtrust) if you haven’t already and encourage friends and family to do so as well. Thank you!
1. Accept and accurately process all financial transactions.
2. Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing procedures.
3. Work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
4. Provide excellent customer service by providing answers and assistance for customer questions, and concerns.
5. Cross sell other bank services and refer customers to other departments to help achieve goals set by management.
6. Learn and maintain knowledge of products, fees and policies, and stay current on offerings to make product suggestions.
7. Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job functions that apply to designated job responsibilities.
8. Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws and regulations applicable to their role. Complete compliance training; follow internal processes and controls as required.
9. Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in bank policies.
10. Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
11. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Position Summary: The Teller serves as the primary point of contact for customers and non-customers and provides outstanding customer service throughout the interaction. They perform a variety of customer transactions on a daily basis, provide information, resolve issues and look for opportunities to strengthen the customer relationship through suggestion of other bank products and services.
NOTE: To obtain employee engagement and retention, within the Customer Service department, and continue to offer top level service while growing our branches, it is imperative that we have well trained employees at all levels. The 6 month position guideline is in place to ensure we are setting all our employees up for success. To apply for another position, employees will need to be in their current role/branch for at least 6 months. Further discussion with a Customer Service Officer can be made for potential exceptions.
- High school diploma.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Previous sales and customer service experience preferred.
- Effective communicator – promotes Union Bank’s customer service philosophy.
- Basic math skills and proficient computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.